The last seven weeks we have been doing a series of Productive Blogging. Here are links to each of the posts. How did this go? Was it useful? Should I only stick to non-blogging topics in the future?
- The Distribution of Inspiration – Understanding how inspiration is distributed is crucial in maintain a regular posting schedule. Pace yourself and don’t get discouraged when your mind is blank, but plan ahead when you have plenty of ideas.
- Make a Top 100 Tips List – This is a simple method to make sure that you always have a ready supply of ideas for creating posts.
- Create a Series – Creating a series can be a great way to spread out a larger post into smaller bite sized sections of content and give you a way to plan weeks or months ahead for your posting schedule.
- Promotion vs. Production – A discussion about the proper balance between promoting your blog and producing content.
- Starting Slow – Blogging is a long term commitment. Don’t start out at a sprint. Try to take steps today to plan for your readers in the future.
- One Post Per Week – A simple method to make sure your readers always have fresh content even if you go for periods of time without making a post.
- Getting Unstuck – What to do when your mind is blank and you can’t think of anything meaningful to say.