Edit: Since we didn’t have a winner the contest has been revised slightly because we really want to give away an iPod!
Another recent feature of Productive Strategies is the ability to get new posts once a day as an email. The email list is managed by FeedBurner. To subscribe just add your email address to the form on the right hand column of the blog. See it over there? Just fill in your email address and you’ll be signed up so you’ll never miss a new post here.
So you’re still reading this?
Why aren’t you over on the side panel filling in your email address? Ok well maybe you need a little more incentive to type your email address into that little box. What if we give away a $5 Amazon gift certificate to one of our new subscribers. How does that sound?
You are still reading, so that must not be enough incentive.
Hm…something better. Ok ok how about a $25 gift certificate to the
Apple Music Store. Is that any more attractive?
I see some of you have signed up, but most of you are still reading
down the page. Lets see, what could we give away to entice you to
invest just a few seconds of time in order to get notified of any new
and very helpful posts on this site. I know, what if we give away a
brand new shiny iPod Shuffle engraved with our new domain
(www.productivity501.com) to one lucky new subscriber. Does that get
your interest? Yes? (If you are holding out for a Porsche you’d better
try another site.)
Here is how it works. To enter you must subscribe
to receive a daily email from Productive Strategies listing any new
posts. (If there aren’t any new posts, you don’t get an email that
day.) Our goal is 250 subscribers, so we are going to give away free
Aluminum iPod Shuffle to a randomly selected person once we get to 250 email subscribers.
Here are the rules of how the contest works. This isn’t a list from
a corporate legal department. We’ll revise it if there are some
problems or questions that we haven’t thought of. Anyway, here are the
- You are free to unsubscribe at anytime, but you have to be subscribed to win.
- Your subscription must be confirmed. You have to click on the link in the confirmation email you’ll be sent.
- One entry per person. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that looks like it isn’t legitimate.
- The winner will be contacted at the email address they entered.
Failure to respond within 5 days will result in the prize being given
to someone else.
- The winner will randomly be selected from the list once we get to 250 subscribers.
- The random selection will be weighted toward the earlier subscribers just slightly in a way that will give you a slightly higher chance of winning the sooner you sign up. (So sign up now to increase your chances of winning.)
- The iPod Shuffle with ship directly from Apple. If a winner lives
somewhere that we can’t ship to directly using standard shipping, a
cash (paypal) value prize may be substituted.
- Anyone who already signed up is automatically entered into the contest.
- Your email address will not be shared with any third party. The
only thing you’ll receive is notices of new content on this site or a
personal email saying you’ve won the contest.
Since we are only going to give the iPod away once we reach 250 subscribers and early subscribers have a slightly higher chance of winning, your best strategy is to sign up now and then tell all your friends.