A week or so ago I asked what Productivity501 readers had been writing. This post highlights some articles written by our readers. I encourage you to check them out.
If you see something that you like, be sure to let the author know in their comments or in the comments here. As someone who does a lot of writing, I know first hand how encouraging it is to hear from a reader.
- Managing Expectations Begins with your Members and Clients – William Biggs works as a communications consultant and has been a long time reader of Productivity501. This is an article he wrote about working with donors for non-profits. Much of it is relevant to the for profit sector as well.
- Don’t Focus on Customer Spending – Saj Karsan’s article takes issue with how much we focus on customer spending as an economic indicator and suggests that productivity may be a better measure of long term economic health.
- Top 10 Android Apps for College Students – Cody Jacob listed his favorite Android Apps for students. Interestingly I use quite a few of them, so the list is definitely not limited to college students.
- How To Use Evernote – Cameron Plommer has done a series of screencast video tutorials on how to use Evernote.
- 6 Ways to get in the Zone – Jon Giganti talks about his methods for getting into the “zone” — that place where you do your optimal work.
- How to be Lazy, Productive and Successful – Matt Heinz looks at how being lazy can help make you highly productive–if you do it right.
- Eliminate your Department’s TPS Report! (pdf) - Joseph Kern calls on businesses to eliminate work that adds no value from departmental procedures.
- Turn your Adversities into your Greatest Strength - Subhorup Dasgupta’s blog post describes his process of turning a weakness in writing into a strength.
- 13 Questions to ask Before Hiring a Web Designer – Wayne Mullins created this info graphic to get some tips on selecting a web designer.
- Rationally Selfish Q&A: Learning to Concentrate - Diana Hsieh talks about how she learned to concentrate on audio lectures in the car and how to concentrate in other areas of life.
- A Superior Goal Setting Model: Moving Beyond SMART - Loren Pinilis’ blog post details an advanced goal setting method.
- 10 Secret Killers that Destroy Your Personal Productivity - Dries Cronje writes about some of the hidden traps that can steal your productivity.